Read Tag by Simon Royle Free Online
Book Title: Tag|
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 8.15 MB
The author of the book: Simon Royle
Edition: Simon Royle, via Smashwords
Date of issue: December 2nd 2010
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2022 times
Reader ratings: 4.9
Read full description of the books:
I was a little hesitant when I first received this book. The blurb sounded quite science-fictioney (yeah, that’s a word!) and I thought I may have been a little out of my comfort zone. However, I was about to have a very pleasant surprise.
Tag is more futuristic than science-fiction, and the technological advances of 2110 are not far-fetched, they are easily imaginable. International travel has become a breeze, cash is a thing of the past and convenience is exactly what the word suggests. But although the world has a pretty surface, underneath planet Earth and its surroundings are quickly descending into 1984-esque habits, without even realizing what is happening.
The characters in Tag are complex, well-drawn and likeable, despicable or sitting on the fence. Allegiances are formed and withdrawn as the story progresses, and the twists are surprising and sometimes heart-wrenching. The story is told either in first person POV through Jonah, or third person POV through other key characters.
There are a few small niggles for me in this book – the physical descriptions of the characters are a little repetitive, there are a couple of small errors and there are a few places in the book where the action takes a dip – but these could be easily rectified by a good editor, and make Tag a truly fantastic book.
Apart from these small issues, I was very impressed and enthralled by Tag. Don’t be put off thinking this book is science-fiction – it is in a way, but it’s a book that would appeal to anyone that enjoys a good thriller, a good story or an excellent futuristic book!
Download Tag ERUB
Download Tag DOC
Download Tag TXT
Read information about the authorSimon Royle has been variously a loader of trucks, garbage-man, yachtsman, door-to-door salesman, advertising executive, and a senior executive in technology companies.
A futurist and a technologist, he lives in Bangkok, with his wife and two children.
Simon's first three novels Tag, Bangkok Burn, and Bangkok Wet, have all been well received by Amazon readers.
Tag is a technothriller set in the year 2109. What readers have called,
- "Very good read, story may have gone further but then since its Book 1 assume more to come in book 2. All in all an enjoyable and different futurist novel."
- "more futuristic than science-fiction, and the technological advances of 2110 are not far-fetched, they are easily imaginable."
- "...in "Tag." The technology felt like a logical evolution from today to one hundred years into the future."
- ""Tag," reminds me a bit of one my childhood favorite authors, Isaac Asimov, in that he's written a book that projects a future reflecting very plausible cultural and political scenario, given what trends we've seen in history."
(Above quotes stolen from recent reviews on Amazon US).
As Simon, says :), "With 'Tag' I drew on my travels and experiences in Singapore and Australia. Extrapolating from things I see today and placing them in the context of our world a hundred years from now."
The Bangkok Series, starts with a bang, literally...
Bangkok Burn - a noir thriller, set during the May 2010 riots in Bangkok, has proved a hit with readers; especially those who have traveled or are traveling to Thailand.
- "A red-hot thriller set against the exotic backdrop of Bangkok, this is a blistering read from start to finish."
- "I loved this book from beginning to end, it kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I can't wait for the sequel." (Author's note: "I'm working on it...")
Further Author's note: The sequel to 'Bangkok Burn' is out!
Bangkok Wet, continues the lives of the Paknam mafia family... and it too has proven a hit with readers...
- "I liked the cultural insights. Story was well researched for sights in an around Thailand."
- "This sequel to the author's first book in the series expands upon the earlier volume's frenetic pace of action and large cast of characters; something is happening on virtually every page. Action lovers will find it here! The exotic setting, occasional glimpses into Thai culture add color to the plot and help to make it an interesting and engaging read."
- "I didn't know what to expect when I picked this up being that it was a while since I got a hold of the first. I must say that this read faster than the first. I totally enjoyed it and wish that the next in the series was out already." (Author's note: I'm working on it....)
And I really am working on the next in the Bangkok Series, as you may read on my website, I didn't kill off my main character. Badly shot up and in a coma for a while, he pulled through thanks to Chai's blood and Dr. Tom's skills (along with Mere Joom's shadow looming large in the near background).
I love to connect with you. Got a question, something to say, or just want to say hello, then send me an email: email@example.com
I have a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Simon.Royle.Author
A website at www.simon-royle.com
I also have a twitter feed (where I infrequently tweet) @sgroyle
Reviews of the Tag
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Tag by Simon Royle Online free